Monday, November 29, 2010

Homework: Week of November 29, 2010

Wednesday:
This problem set is a review of the material we have learned this week.  This will also serve as a study guide for the Unit 7 Test.  Please complete #s 1-24 (you will do #s 25-31 over the weekend)...if you need help, come see me during lunch/after school or leave a comment.   
These problems are DUE FRIDAY (12/3/10)!!!


Unit 7-Homework Set (Blog)                                                              



Monday:
Here are some practice problems from what we did in class today...please work on these ahead of time so that you will be prepared for tomorrow's activity. (The answer key is attached so that you can check your work.)  Have fun! :)

Unit 7-Factoring Problems

                                                           

6 comments:

  1. You do know that you made a terrible mistake. Posting an answer key below the questions we are soposed to answer. You do know that most people will cheat off of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms.McCullough. How do I factor a variable? Thank you, Benjamin Raposa 4th hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor: I posted the answers on purpose, but thanks for your concern. Having the answers doesn't help if you don't know how to do it, so that's why I don't mind letting you all have the answer key. I'm never concerned with the answer...just the process. Plus, I believe that the same people who would potentially "cheat" are the same people who hardly ever do their homework or look at the blog :)

    Ben: Can you give me a specific example...I'm not sure what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey i dont understand the Factor part of the homework.. what should I do.. I understand the rest of it my stepdad helped me so i have that.. but we dont know how to do the factor. i have watched the video and it is not helping me that much.. i dont know what to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted a new video about factoring out the GCF...try watching that one, but are you having trouble with the whole section?

    Make sure you look at the coefficients to see if they have a number in common (you're looking for the largest number)...then you want to take out as many x's as you can from each term (in the homework problems, you will only have to factor out one x). Then you divide each term by what you factored out and put the left-overs in parentheses.

    If this does not help, stop by and see me during lunch, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing i dont get is the Factor.. everything ealse i understand.. i will go see you at lunch tomorow.. thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete